Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Signing, Readings, and a Link up


My publisher and I have scheduled my first book signing event for Entre la claridad!  I’ll be signing copies Thursday, March 1 from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. during the AWP Conference Bookfair in Chicago.  If you are attending this conference, look for me at the PALABRA/Con Tinta table (Southeast Hall, Table K17).  Thanks to Elena and PALABRA Literary Magazine for sharing their table space.

If you want to buy Entre la claridad, but won’t be at the conference, it is available for $7.00 from Mouthfeel Press.  You can listen to some of the poems from this book through the links on my “Audio” page above.  For future updates about my signing and reading events, check my “Upcoming Events” page above or like the Entre la claridad page on Facebook.  

On Saturday, March 3, you can also hear me read as part of the panel Border Bodies — Womanhood In Verse.  Our presentation is from 1:30 - 2:45 p.m. in Private Dining Room 2, at the Hilton Chicago, 3rd Floor.  This is a panel of poets all associated with Mouthfeel Press, including Katherine Hoerth, Laura Cesarco Eglin, and Maria Miranda Maloney.  Read more about my presentation here.

This Saturday, February 25, at 2 p.m., you can hear a large group of poets published in the Mutabilis Press anthology Improbable Worlds read at Brazos Bookstore in Houston.  I will read my poem “Bat Bridge” and mingle with the other poets.  I hope you will join us.

Also, I am announcing the next link up in the Liturgical Calendar Link up Party coordinated by Xhonané at Familia Católica.  The Link up for Saint Joseph is hosted by Beatriz at Conócete a tí mismo y sé lo que eres.  Go see what other bloggers are posting about Saint Joseph’s feast day, or to link your own post.  I’m hoping to post an activity that highlights Saint Joseph’s role as protector and patron of the church.  I won’t have time to pull it all together until after I return from the conference, but I hope you will check back the second week of March!


4 comments:

  1. ¡Qué bendición Elisa! Mucha suerte en todas las presentaciones que tienes que hacer!!! Ha de ser una excelente experiencia!! Y gracias por ayudar a promover el enlace para la Fiesta de San José!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Xhonané! Todo fue muy bien!

    Readers, I had a great time at the conference. I will post again soon. I appreciate your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisa,
    My mother in law has really enjoyed your poetry. She mentioned in a letter how she has read your chapbook twice and is now reading it for the third time. I'm sure the poems stir some memories for her too. I'm glad you enjoyed the conference.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I'm so glad to hear your mother is enjoying my first chapbook! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback, reactions, and ideas are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...